Welcome to our Sunday Dinner! You are always invited here.
Today it’s all about the Ultimate King Ranch Chicken. What I enjoy about this meal is the simplicity of it. First all, get yourself some left over chicken. Preferably a chicken with some light seasoning to it or you can buy them all ready cooked delicious rotisserie chickens they make at your local grocery store. And if you don’t have any left over chicken and don’t have time to go to the store then save the recipe for when you do have left over chicken.
1 to 1/2 lb. of cooked chicken, shredded
1 can 10 1/2 oz. of Condensed Soup Cream of Chicken
1 can 10 1/2 oz. of Condensed Soup Cream of Mushroom
1 package 11.5 oz. of Steam’able Bold Fiesta Protein – (And if you don’t have any but have the ingredients (on the package) to mix in a bowl then by all means go ahead and mix it. But don’t forget the Mexican Seasoning for the main taste. The Fajita Seasoning will do the trick here. Also, if you don’t necessary like all the ingredients in the package, you can always eliminate some out. But I would definitely add the brown rice, corn, and seasoning.)
1 package of 20 count corn tortillas
1 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning (optional if you need more taste)
1 cup of water
1 cup of Shredded Cheese (you can add more or less)
- In a nonstick baking pan (or a lightly oiled or buttered baking pan), toss half of the shredded chicken into the pan evenly.
- Shred/tear up some corn tortillas (I used about 6 for my 1st layer.)
- And place evenly on top of the shredded chicken.
- Get your cream of chicken and cream of mushroom cans. Toss in your 1 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning if you can’t find the Bold Fiesta Protein Package.
- Mix both of the Condensed Soups in a separate bowl and add 1 cup of water.
- Spoon evenly over the chicken and corn tortillas.
- Open up your Bold Fiesta Protein Package.
- Spread out half the package over the layers evenly.
9. Repeat Steps 2 & 7 (Or you can simple skip these last 2 steps and use all the tortillas and Bold Fiesta Protein Package in steps above.) I layer it because it makes me happy! Another reason I layer is because sometimes I might only have 1 lb. of chicken so layering allows a controllable factor.
2: This is your 2nd layer: Shred/tear up some corn tortillas.
7: Your other half of the Bold Fiesta Protein Package
10. Here is where you will give everything a light stir so all the good juices of the soups and water soak up into every inch of the dish. If you think you need more water. Add another 1/2 cup and gently pour over making sure you get everything soaked but not so soupy.
11. Layer over all your cheese on top of the dish. Again, you can mix in the cheese in any of the steps above. I have a kid that eats minimal cheese so I layer on top, allowing him to pick it off.
From my kitchen to your table!