We love to go eat mexican food whenever we get a chance! I love the taste of well seasoned restaurant fajitas, enchiladas, and mostly the queso flameado as an appetizer or as a main dish. Welcome to our Sunday Dinner’s at Share the Flippin Fun!
This recipe serves 4-5 people. I had 8 tortillas rolled and this family of 5 all had a serving.
1 Package of Chorizo
1 Package of Tortillas
16 oz. of Monterrey Pepper Jack Cheese
2) The package of chorizo is 12 oz. and I used 2 links which is half of the package in my hot cast iron pan.
3) Cook thoroughly until you can see the difference of the cooked chorizo.
4) Cube up the cheese into quarters.
5) Toss quarters of cheese into pan.
6) Stir in the cheese so the chorizo even coats it all. You will notice since the pan is hot it will begin to melt in.
7) Toss cast iron pan (transfer all mixture into a baking pan) into the oven at 400 degrees.
It will begin to all melt in and bubble. Don’t take it out to early but if you do put back in oven.
While it’s baking, heat up some tortillas on the stovetop and set aside.
8) It should look like the top of a pizza and a slight browning of the cheese on top and some edges. It might be slightly greasy and this is where I gently pour out the grease.
9) Afterwards, I stir the queso flameado and serve and roll onto heated tortillas. And we have QUESO FLAMEADO!!!!
Can be eaten as an appetizer, main meal, side dish, on tortillas, or as dip.
From my kitchen to your table. Bon Appettit!!!
*My links are affiliate links where I don’t charge anything and only get a small commission for shopping from us.