Corn on the Hob short for Hobbit when all you want to do is watch Hobbit movies to Gnome movies with the kids! Or Smurf movies! Some critter, half and half like humanoid movie. Fantastic Beast is another favorite.
But this easy recipe is so quick and cause less pauses than the DVR can handle. You cannot mess it up. Great way to get the kids involved. Much like Arts & Crafts. And back to the movie.
Lots of days I enjoy cooking but sometimes I need a grill out chicken and easy sides that don’t take much time so I can prop my pretty little feet up and rest up for the week. Usually Sundays! So we are bringing back Sunday Dinner’s at the house.
It’s great being a mama but between 3 teenagers, having dealt with kids on the hips while working, and now manning the house. Or should I say, “Mamaing in the house”.
Corn on the Hob Ingredients:
12 small to mid size ear corns (full size – cut in half)
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder or Paprika (start off with 1/2 & adjust according to taste later)
1/2 Cup Ranch Sour Cream
1 Stick of Melted Real Butter
1/2 Cup of Feta Cheese/Or any kind of cheese you like.
I also used 1/3 Cup of Parmesan/Romano cheese (just a sprinkle at the end for that added punch of the sourness and extra bits)
Cilantro (also optional, not in picture because we ate it all)
Of course a pan or dish.
Bake, Grill, Steam Corn. Whatever you want!
1) Gather all ingredients
2) Rub melted butter all over corn.
3) Mix the Ranch Sour Cream with the Mayonnaise
4) Smear on corn
See what I mean about getting the kids involved. Super easy and quick! Very hands on.
5) Rub Mayonnaise/Ranch Mixture all into the corn
6) Sprinkle the Feta Cheese on top (or all over for extra flavor) & Sprinkle in the Parmesan/Romano (optional)
7) Sprinkle in desired Chili Powder (on top or all over if you can stand the chili heat), No kiddos on this part unless they are old enough.
8) Sprinkle in some Pink Himalayan Salt (Pepper & Cilantro – optional)