Welcome to our home for our Sunday Dinner episode! Today it’s an all time family approved favorite and it doesn’t include flour! I’ve made chicken parmesan before but never without flour and so trying to eliminate it from certain dishes. I actually like to experiment new dishes on who else but ‘Family’! And this recipe just came to mind. What can say they are my guinea pigs. Let’s begin!
2 lbs. of Thin Chicken Breast
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (If you need more just add a drizzle at a time.)
1 cup Parmesan Romano Cheese (Here I used the Three Cheese Blend.)
1 package of Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs with Italian Seasoning (My FAV! And no worries if you can only find the plain. You will then have to use about 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning.)
Salt and Pepper.
Enough Provolone or Parmesan Cheese to top each Chicken Breast. (I used what I had and I had both. Shredded and cut.)
1 Jar of your favorite Marinara Sauce (Not shown here).
2 Eggs and 1/2 cup Milk.
- Gather all ingredients.
- Scramble Eggs and Milk together in a dish.
- Dish one piece of chicken breast into the egg milk mixture.
- Pour Panko Bread Crumbs into a separate dish, parmesan cheese, and olive oil and mix well. And pinch of salt and pepper. Next dip the wet chicken on the bread crumbs.
5. Repeat Step 3 & 4: Redip into the egg milk mixture and coat one more time into the crumb mixture.
7. Get to cooking your noodles and heat some sauce on a separate pan.
8. Remove loose foil. Flip your crusted chicken breasts when they look like picture above and keep baking for 10 more minutes. Be careful to not break the crust if you can. Slow and easy is best.
9. Enough Provolone or Parmesan Cheese to top each Chicken Breast. (I used what I had and I had both. Shredded and cut.)
10. Top each with the cheeses and cook another 5-10 minutes.
Serve over your noodles and generously sauce it all over and allow sauce to fall into the bowl and serve.